Specifically, the ERDO Association will:
- Act as an open forum for sharing technical knowledge and experiences among its members through regular meetings to share information and update each other on progress
- Identify and carry out projects to achieve specific aims: these will build on projects transferred from the ERDO Working Group, which are currently studying costs of shared disposal, the pre-disposal issues associated with managing legacy wastes and the potential for developing a reference deep borehole disposal solution that could be incorporated into members’ national programmes
- Establish a knowledge centre for members to assist them in resolving issues in their own programmes
- Act as knowledge centre for external organisations seeking expertise in shared solutions
- Act as a voice in the international media and fora to promote shared waste management solutions
The legal structure of the Association allows it to act as a representative body in international groupings and to enter into contracts with external organisations, thus facilitating all of the above activities.